Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Chicken and Bow-tie Pasta Recipe
Updated: Nov 30, 2021
This one skillet creamy and savory dish is the perfect holiday or special occasion dinner.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of bot-tie pasta or pasta of choice
- 1/3 cup of dry white wine such as Pinot Grigio
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, oil drained
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- juice of 1 lemon
- fresh rosemary for serving
Step 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Step 2. Heat oil in large oven safe skillet over medium-high heat. Rub the chicken with olive oil, oregano, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. When the oil is hot, add the chicken ad sear on both sides until golden brown. About 3-5 minutes pre side. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
Step 3. In the same skillet, add butter and shallot, cooking for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the wine to de-glaze the pan and add 1 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a boil and add the pasta. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until pasta is almost ready. Add the cream, mustard, parmesan cheese, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Stirring until the spinach wilts.
Step 4. Transfer the chicken back into the skillet with any juices from the plate. Transfer skillet to oven and cook uncovered for 15 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked.
Step 5. Serve the chicken topped with lemon juice and rosemary.